Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address to receive heritage updates

 
Document Actions

Crowley County 1915 Courthouse

Originally planned as the residence for the county sheriff, the defining features of the 1915 courthouse have much in common with the residential construction style of the period. Designed in the Prairie Style by architect J.M. Gile of Pueblo, the two-story yellow brick courthouse now houses the sheriff's office, combined court, and other county functions. The matching brick addition was added in 1990. Primary court functions moved to the new courthouse at 603 Main in 2003.

110 East 6th
OrdwayCO  81063
(719) 267-4468


Hours of Operation
View from street. The sheriff's office is not open to the public.
Directions
From Crowley, CO drive 6 miles east on CO Hwy 96 to Ordway. Turn north (left) onto Colorado Ave. and take the first right onto 1st St. Continue one block and bear left onto Main Street. Go 5 blocks to East 6th Street and turn right. The 1915 courthouse, now Crowley County Justice Center, is on the left.
Visitor Services
Parking
No visitor services available at this site
Travel Tips
The historic 1918 Crowley County High School is located across the street on Main. Many original features remain. These may be viewed if an appointment is made in advance. (See listing on this website.)




Home | Our Supporters | Other Heritage Regions | Sitemap | Contact Us | Privacy Policy and Disclaimer |
   © 2010 Southeast Colorado Heritage

Colorado Journeys