Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address to receive heritage updates

 
Document Actions

St. Paul's Lutheran Church (now Christine's Restaurant)

The church building that now houses Christine's Restaurant was built in 1910 by a group of men "with a vision." St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church held its first services in the building in 1911. From the day the doors opened until 1959, all services were conducted in German. In 1972, the final church service was held due to declining attendance and membership. Over the years the former church was used as an antique shop, a funeral home, and even as a weekend "get-away" for one local owner. Mike and Christine Laurent purchased the building in 2004 and began renovations. Christine's opened for business in January 2005.

209 North 2nd Street
Rocky FordCO  81067
(719) 254-3833


Hours of Operation
Christine's Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch daily, 7 am-4 pm; dinner on Thursdays and Fridays, 5:30-8 pm; espresso coffee bar; closed Sundays.
Directions
For east bounders on US Hwy 50, 2nd Street is the last city street on the west end of town. Turn left onto 2nd Street. Drive 2 blocks. The restaurant is located on the right (west) side of 2nd Street. For west bounders on US Hwy 50, 2nd Street is the first city street upon entering Rocky Ford from the west. Turn left onto 2nd Street, and drive 2 blocks. The restaurant is located on the left (west).
Visitor Services
Parking
Restrooms
Snack Bar / Restaurant




Home | Our Supporters | Other Heritage Regions | Sitemap | Contact Us | Privacy Policy and Disclaimer |
   © 2010 Southeast Colorado Heritage

Colorado Journeys